Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why Men Are Fat?

I have lost 52 pounds to date and have all kinds of thoughts rolling around in my mind like 'why didn't I do this sooner' and 'it is not as hard as I thought'. One idea has been begging me to become a blog post and since I have never heard anyone speculate about this it seemed like an interesting notion to roll out.

I have spoken with literally hundreds of men over the years who talk with heartbroken bitterness about how their spouses are seemingly never interested in any type of sexual intimacy. The story typically goes, we met, there were sparks, we did the "till death do us part" thing and is now seems like any physical interest in me was little more than a ploy to secure a mate (I could go on and on about how much of this I have heard and thoughts about it but must press on to my thought).

One of the side effects I have noticed in a pronounced way since losing a bunch of weight (and have heard many others talk about), is that desire/drive/libido skyrocket with increased fitness (enough about that...this is a PG blog ;-).

HERE IS MY THOUGHT: I wonder, on a subconscious level, if many men live at an unhealthy state, simply to numb their level of sexual desire and keep from feeling the intense pain of rejection with greater frequency.

Here's to leaning into health and seeing positive relational results come even if it is through pain.

No comments: