Thursday, November 08, 2012

Something Good From Fast Food!

First let me address the major push back I am going to get about this post...I do understand that for some reason Ashland County in general, and one place in Loudonville in particular, tends to have a serious issue with speed and service.  I concede that we have all waited for longer than it takes to prepare a home cooked meal to get our FAST food.

But this is not that!

The last two times I have been at the Ashland KFC, I have waited.  During my wait I noticed how many people were also waiting along side me and grumbling (to themselves, to me, and sometimes even to the employees).  On both of these occasions the employees seemed to be working both hard and smart and doing all they could to provide our greasy goodness ASAP.

My point here is that instead of taking our impatient banter I would train my employees to direct patrons to this sign that hangs in the entry way.  If I have the choice between waiting ten minutes for something you just cooked for ME, or getting something now that has been sitting under a heat lamp or in a warmer for hours, I am going to choose fresh every time!

The same should be true in the rest of our lives as well!  If you have been seeking something or praying to God for something, be sure not to settle for any cheap knockoffs!  I have watched this over and over.  Someone praying for a relationship only to settle for the first less than stellar candidate who comes along as though they were God's best.

Whether it is with your food, in your relationships, or as part of your spiritual journey, don't settle for second best...wait for the real thing!  In the end, that extra ten minutes is always worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these words! They fit in perfectly with a situation I have going on presently! What perfect timing! Your words made me reflect on God's individual plan He has for all of us... but in this instance, mine and me! Words of wisdom that I can pass on to an individual who is struggling with a choice!

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog